As sports fans, we are all naturally part of a huge community. While our fandoms differ from city to city and team to team, we all enjoy getting together to discuss our favorite teams, our starting fantasy lineups and really anything that gives us an excuse to talk about what is happening on and off the field!
At Bleacher Report, we are happy to offer a platform for you to express all these thoughts. We encourage vibrant discussions and heated dialogues. After all, we at Bleacher Report are no different than you—we take sports very seriously. With that said, we ask that you respect others and abide by our guidelines.
Bleacher Report isn’t a place for explicit, abusive, harmful, hateful, or violent content or behavior. We want our guidelines to be easy to follow and we’ll do our best to consistently and fairly enforce these guidelines.
Our guidelines below inform our team to remove or limit the distribution of the content shared in the app as well as the accounts that share it. These guidelines apply to all the content you create and share within Bleacher Report, such as your comments, posts, and direct messages.
We may take a number of steps, including issuing a warning, removing the content, or removing and/or banning the accounts responsible if you are in violation of these guidelines.
Bleacher Report's Moderation team enforces our guidelines to ensure a positive experience for all users. Our Community Captains also assist with this.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Harassment & Bullying
- We have zero tolerance for bullying of any kind
- Don’t make personal attacks directed at other users
- Don’t criticize other users via name-calling or profanity
- If you try to get another user suspended by falsely reporting another user for violating these guidelines, we reserve the right to ban you
- If someone blocks you, don’t try to contact them
- Don’t attack anyone based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, sex, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or citizenship
- Don’t use slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures, or generalizations
- Don’t share false or misleading content about individuals or protected groups that promotes fear, hate or prejudice
- Don’t deliberately spread false information that causes harm, such as denying the existence of tragic events
- Don’t encourage or incite violence
Spam & Solicitation
- Be aware of when you are talking in a private direct message, posting to your followers, or joining a public conversation. If you are joining a public conversation, be mindful of the topic being discussed
- Don’t disrupt public conversations by sharing repetitive and/or nonsensical comments or messages
- Don’t spam public conversations soliciting other users to do something for you, such as “firing” one of your comments or visiting a website that’s not relevant to the topic
- It’s okay to post to your followers asking for them to engage with a post or comment you’ve shared
- When sending direct messages, be respectful of the person you are messaging
- Don’t send unsolicited messages in bulk
- Don’t add other users to private group chats in bulk
- When participating in an AMA, remember that we want everyone to be able to jump in and ask a question
- If you are starting a new thread, your first comment must ask a question for the guest
- Don’t ask for personal favors (merchandise, tickets, promotions, etc)
- Don’t intentionally try to push down someone else’s question
- Be aware of the specific topic at hand when commenting on the news, a game, or any other content shared to Bleacher Report
- Stay relevant to the topic you are choosing to comment upon. We reserve the right to take action against accounts attempting to divert a conversation
- Please be especially mindful of the topic when replying to another user’s comment
- When creating posts intended for a specific community, be aware of that community’s interests
- Stay on topic within a community
- Don’t join an opposing team’s community to troll, spam, or pick fights
- If you want to start a new topic, please create a post. Be mindful that if your post violates our other guidelines, we may take action
Parody & Impersonation
- There is not a general rule against accounts that parody athletes, celebrities, and public figures if you explicitly note that this is either a “fan account” or a “parody account” in the profiles bio
- Don’t intentionally misrepresent yourself by creating a profile pretending to be another user on the B/R app
- Don’t create multiple profiles under the same or similar username to violate these guidelines
- Don’t use offensive and/or harmful language
- Don’t share inappropriate, harmful, offensive, or lewd content
- We prohibit accounts that promote or distribute pornographic content
- Never post, save, or send nude or sexual content involving anyone—even of yourself
- We recommend that you protect your privacy and avoid sharing your own personal or sensitive information
- Never share or leak the personal, sensitive, or confidential information about other users